A pronounced charred texture is made to represent the characteristics of alligator texture.
Pure black without the deep charred texture found in our Gator series. Ebony provides a cleaner surface texture.
Moderate burn complemented with a clean wire brush texture provides pronounced surface area to the dark and light brown tones.
Our Wire Brushed technique accentuates the natural wood grain pattern of each individual plank creating a refined, yet weather worn appearance.
View photo examples of various profile options
Our Square Edge comes in a variety of sizes making it perfect for all siding, trim, decking, and fascia applications.
Our Channel Rustic comes in a variety of sizes making it perfect for all siding applications.
Our Shiplap comes in a variety of sizes making it perfect for all siding and soffit applications.
Tounge & Groove
Our Tounge & Groove comes in a variety of sizes making it perfect for all siding, wainscoting, decking, and soffit applications.
Square Edge Lap
Our Square Edge Lap is our substitute for a traditional “bevel” or “wedge lap”. This profile is commonly utilized to create a horizontal siding lap appearance.
With proper care, your Charwood™ product will remain waterproof for years. Seal-Once™ is a high-performance, toxin-free, water-based sealer that exceeds current and future eco-requirements. By incorporating sub-micron particles a unique lattice work is formed allowing the product to sink deep below the surface. As it cures it forms an interior film that prevents water from infiltrating the surface. You can simply re-seal exterior siding to your liking.
Seals and Protects against Water Penetration for up to 10-years.
Charwood™ is so durable it comes with a 10-year limited warranty. The Seal-Once™ effective finish life is 5 years on horizontal surfaces, and up to 10 years on vertical surfaces.
100% Natural. 100% Non-toxic.
Charwood™ is NOT painted. It is treated with natural, specially formulated aging and sealing ingredients, which:
- Are Safe and Non-toxic
- Contain NO VOC's
- Waterproof to protect against mold, mildew, cracking, splitting, and warping.
- For more info visit our Seal-Once™ information page
Why an alternative to traditional wood siding?
Charwood™ is a product that utilizes the natural non-toxic properties of charred wood to reduce the risk of pest, rot, and fire damage without the traditional repeated use of harsh chemical treatments. At Montana Timber Products, we've created Charwood™ as a sustainable alternative.
Our Sustainable Products
We provide a wide-range of eco-friendly, and sustainable products; made with timbers and logs that have been harvested through sustainable forestry practices. The predominant method is Single Tree Selection where foresters select individual trees for harvesting. The cut logs are then removed with minimal disruption to the surrounding environment. This method creates openings in the forest canopy allowing more precipitation, sunlight, and nutrients reach the forest floor which ensures the health of other trees.
We also promote and use sealers and finishes that have zero to low VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) the decision to promote these products far exceeds the current siding industry standards. We recycle our sawdust to be re-used by local farms for animal bedding and a local pellet manufacturer. Our unique products are made in the USA and sourced from the Northwest - local to our production and final application facility. This preserves our environment by improving energy efficiency while reducing transportation pollutants, and more importantly our carbon footprint.
Sustainable and Renewable, Reduces Forest Fire Fuels, and Preserves History
- Renewable. Kiln Dried to an acceptable moisture content range, our products are more stable. Our finishing process is sustainable, which protects and improves the environment while enhancing your home.
- Healthy Forests. Our products are harvested using forest stewardship practices. Our retrieval practices are environmentally friendly and reduce the risks of wildfire and carbon release. Forests are filled with this renewable resource, and once harvested the end result is a healthier and more efficient natural environment. We utilize every inch of each tree harvested, leaving no waste.
- Preserves History. Because we're using new timber, we are also saving our beautiful historical structures for future generations. No homesteads will be sacrificed for your project.